Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Installing Printer and Uninstalling Print Driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sunbeam.2010

Sunbeam.2010

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey guys, currently having an issue with installing a HP P2055dn printer.

I went to the HP website entered the model number downloaded the PCL6 Universal driver for 64 bit systems everything went seemingly ok.

However, when I attempt to search for my printer it doesnt show on the listing.

So I then go to add a printer sometimes it finds the printer and sometimes it doesnt. When it finds the printed and I attempt to add it I get the error "unable to connect 0x0000007e"

When I attempt to uninstall the driver I get the error "Unable to install because the driver is in use"

I tried again and got this "The following package(s) can not be deleted:

hpcu104u.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
HP Universal Printing PCL 6; This driver is used on:
HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (Copy 1)

The following driver(s) can not be deleted:

Driver HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (x64) is in use. It is used on:
HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (Copy 1)

..............................................................................................

So I then delete the HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (Copy 1) Printer and then try again with no luck.

So I then follow this guide http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQPrinting.htm and edit the registry by deleting a few printer related things.

open regedit (e.g. click Start, type regedit and press Enter) and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers

b. under this key, there will be the keys Version-2 and Version-3 (one or the other of these may be absent - not a problem)

i. the sub-keys under these contain the printer driver configuration information

ii. delete all the sub-keys inside Version-2 and Version-3, but not these keys themselves

c. navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors

i. under this key there will be several sub-keys. These sub-keys have information about Printer Port Monitors

ii. delete all the sub-keys except:

BJ Language Monitor

Local Port

Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Monitor

PJL Language Monitor

Standard TCP/IP Port

USB Monitor

However, still no success. I try booting in safe mode and deleting it and the driver doesnt even appear.

Sorry for the long post just trying to explain everything.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Could you please post the Complete Model number of the printer.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

Have you tried unplugging it from the computer (both USB and connection cord) ... then plug both in, and turn on the printer?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users