Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth problems with Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdots89

mdots89

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys --
So I wanted to throw out a bluetooth compatibility problem to see if anyone else is having the same problem. I am using a Dell Studio XPS laptop that DOES NOT have built in Bluetooth built in, so I added a dongle. I had a few problems with getting the dongle to work, but eventually got it all set up. I am not using a Microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse and an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard. The laptop is only about 2 months old, and the mouse and keyboard are even newer. On several occasions, I have left my computer on and went out for lunch, or whatever, and come back to a blue screen that seems to cite hardware compatibility problems. It says that if I have recently installed new devices that I should remove them or whatever.

The last thing I thought I would have compatibility problems with is a Microsoft product. I think it is the mouse causing the problems. I did not have any of these problems with XP.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

I have used many wireless mouses and key boards. I even keep new unopened backups. I have found that for what ever reason with a M/S system M/S wireless (BLUE TOOTH) mouses and keyboards seem to work the best. M/S likes M/S. It's not a right or wrong thing; it's a what is thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users