Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

afraid to download anything

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 liebebears

liebebears

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

You guys have me afraid to download anything :thumbsup: I am new here and do have an issue, but the more I try to fix things, the more scam virus programs I run into. All from what I thought were trusted places. My problem now is My documents are now my pictures, and there are zero programs in my program files etc.... And I suddenly have this mysterious "Q" Driver along side my C drive But I can not open or access it. The problem just keeps growing as I go to sites that I feel should help, I always end up with a bigger problem... The clincher now is that I just loaded Bitdefender to try to solve it and now I hear that wasnt a good idea either. What can I do before I lose my computer? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hello, first I will move this to the Am I Infected forum.

Now let's see if we can get in here.

Hello and welcome... You need to do all the steps as some pertain to your issue..
Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Antispyware Soft (Uninstall Guide)
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 liebebears

liebebears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Well, I show no intruders, but I thought that might happen. Can it be one of the programs actually took care of it but left me with the mess to clean up? How do I fix my registry? It is a total mess and I have an extra drive now called "Q" that of course I cant open. I have multiple errors, none of my files are in the right place and now that I ran that scan my sound is showing an error. Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have double everything and 46 shaddow volumes in my device manager. Sounds like a party huh... I must win this fight. Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

Here is the log I got from Malwarebytes...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

06/03/10 04:12:51 PM
mbam-log-2010-06-03 (16-12-51).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 323783
Time elapsed: 43 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected: