Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Pro Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hello folks, I have a few questions I was wondering if somebody could help me with.The first one in when I right click on my mouse how do I install a "send to pictures" link ? The second question is why whenever I get a download or save a document,etc. it wants to go into my pictures folder and how do I change this ? I have one other question I had forgotten about.When ever I open "Display Properties" and look at my desktop,wallpaper,,etc how do I remove items that have gotten into the list that should not be there ? I am talking about the list that has Azul and Stonehenge,etc the scroll list where you can choose a desktop wallpaper out of by clicking on it.If anybody would help me out I would be most great full.Heartbeat85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hello folks, I have a few questions I was wondering if somebody could help me with.The first one in when I right click on my mouse how do I install a "send to pictures" link ?

Enabling "Send to Pictures" could be a setting within a photo editing program such as The GIMP or Photoshop. You can also go to here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s...sendtomenu.mspx

The second question is why whenever I get a download or save a document,etc. it wants to go into my pictures folder and how do I change this ?

This is all done via your options window:

For IE go to Control Panel via Start then to Internet Options it should be on the first tab.

For Firefox go to Tools then options, and it will be on the general tab.

I have one other question I had forgotten about.When ever I open "Display Properties" and look at my desktop,wallpaper,,etc how do I remove items that have gotten into the list that should not be there ? I am talking about the list that has Azul and Stonehenge,etc the scroll list where you can choose a desktop wallpaper out of by clicking on it.If anybody would help me out I would be most great full.Heartbeat85

Are those already there like after a fresh install? If so I think you can simply delete those images by doing a search, and finding them. Some of them maybe in the windows directory or in system32.

#3 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

I can answer the last question for you. The Azul and Stonehenge are a part of the Windows experience and are installed with windows. However, you can get rid of them by navigating to the Windows\web\wallpaper directory on your system hard drive. Why do you want to get rid of these items.

#4 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have other items like pictures of a rifle I bought etc that some how got on the scroll menu.I am very familiar with Stonehenge and Azul.It's not them I want rid of.I do not want any of the original items removed.Thanks a bunch !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users