Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Remover from simply super software any good?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 therapy office

therapy office

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

I recently found the tool Trojan Remover on the site www.simplysup.com made by simply super software. CNET has a download, but has anyone heard of this one before?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:53 AM

I've not heard of nor used the software.

After doing some research, I have yet to see any strong evidence that this software has capabilities beyond that of tools such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware. Furthermore, the free trial that is offered is time-limited (30 days) after which you must register the software to continue using it, and beyond that point a yearly renewal fee is incurred. Other, well established antimalware programs such as the two mentioned above are cheaper especially in the long run as they have no renewal fee.

Again. . . without playing with the software myself I couldn't say for sure. . . but my opinion is that there are probably better alternatives.

Hope that helps

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 therapy office

therapy office
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Malware has missed a couple viruses that security essentials picked up, so I'm worried that the download of definitions has been compromised.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Malwarebytes anti Malware free version I don't believe is a anti virus, just a anti malware as Super anti Spyware is a anti spyware not a anti virus. That why many have a firewall, anti virus, MAM, and SAS on there computer. MAM and SAS are on demand only. Your anti virus and firewall when installed on your computer will set them self to start up when you computer starts. I hope this helps.

#5 trott3r

trott3r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I quite like this software as its very light on resources and just does what its meant to.

It also gives a description what the malware that it picks up actually does.

Other software does not tend to do that.

It was recommended in the UK PC Pro magazine in an article some years ago and this is how i came to try it.

Good secondary scanner.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

You have replied to a topic over 3 years old. You most likely are using a more current version of that program than what the OP inquired about in 2010. The vendor may have made some improvements which is why it was recommended in the UK PC Pro magazine.

In any case, Trojan Remover still is not free.

The registration fee for Trojan Remover is US$24.00*. This fee covers all database updates and future program updates for 1 year from the date of registration. The fee for renewals in subsequent years is currently US$17.00. You can install Trojan Remover on up to 4 computers for the single registration fee.

Trojan Remover
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users