Hello and welcome. Please give this a go.
Is this PC on a network?
Run a full system scan in safe mode with the latest Norton definitions. Then unplug the network connection and reboot the computer. Does the backdoor.tidserv detection come up again? If so, then we need to search for another undetected process on your computer.
Now run TDDS Killer Please read carefully and follow these steps.
- Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
- Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
- Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK. (If Vista, click on the Vista Orb and copy and paste the following into the Search field. (make sure you include the quotation marks) Then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.)
"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v
Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
- If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
- It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Allow it to do so.
- When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
Edited by boopme, 03 June 2010 - 02:23 PM.