Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

request clipbrd.exe file

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 magus888

magus888

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

hi guys, im a newbie here....i got a problem, i think my window clipboard is gone, tried looking for it in windows/sys32 and its not there, ive searched the whole pc using the search icon and it cant find any, plss help thanx a more power to you guys!!! :thumbsup: oh btw my os is microsoft windows xp professional 5.1 build 2600

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

i think my window clipboard is gone

What does make you think so?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 magus888

magus888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

i think my window clipboard is gone

What does make you think so?

im trying to clip and copy some log files to the clip board and it wont open, i googled how to look for it and some site sez to look in windows/sys32, i tried lookin there and its not there, i tried searching via the windows search and it didnt find any of this names, clipbrd, clipbrd.exe or clipboard, one of the google searches sent me here in this forum so im trying to request for a file

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

What do you mean by "and it wont open"?
Clipboard doesn't open. It works behind the scenes.
You select some text, right click on it and click "Copy" (or use CTRL+C). At this moment, selected text resides in a Clipboard (but it won't show up anything)
Then you go wherever you want to paste copied text, right click there and click "Paste" (or use CTRL+V).
Doesn't it work?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 magus888

magus888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

nothing happens, ok heres what im doing , i ran a program called MGADiag (its kinda long story why but i need it to make a report of my pc to show a techie) anywayz theres a tab there that sez window and when it finishes theres an icon that sez copy to copy it to the clip board, i need the log file thats in the clipboard but no log file is coming out, anywayz im not really into this kind of stuff so i dunno what i need to do thats why i googled and thats where i got the idea about the clipboard stuff....i know its kinda wrong assuming things but....hehe :thumbsup: sorry...

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

As Broni says, it works in the background and what you copy is placed on the clipboard and can be pasted
into your applications (e.g Notepad), using the Edit/Paste command, or the keyboard commands,
but if you want to physically open the Clipboard, it's usually installed with XP and should appear under:

Start / All Programs / Accessories / Clipboard.

clipbrd.exe is the file and should be in the following folders:

C:\I386 (If you have this folder)

windows\system32

windows\system32\dllcache

(and possibly C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\I386)

Go to Control Panel - Add / Remove;
add / remove Windows Components;
Accessories and Utilities / Accessories section.

Clicking on Details gives the list including Clipboard Viewer and it should already be checked, if installed.
Otherwise, if it's unchecked, tick it and OK all the way and it should install and appear as stated before
under the normal Accessories heading, in Start / All Programs / Accessories / Clipboard.

[Control Panel
Add /Remove
Add/Remove Windows Components
Accessories and Utilities (Details)
Accessories (Details)]

Edited by petewills , 03 June 2010 - 07:59 AM.

#7 magus888

magus888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

hi petewills.... am not being annoying but i did everything you sed and looked where u sed 2 find the file but nada...vamooshed....gone with the wind i think...really weird, anywayz i was googling again and found a freeware named clip diary that works like clip board and as u say you can open manually and look for old clip files...thats what i need..so thanx for the help and for taking ur time!!!

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

OK, thanks for letting us know.

#9 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

Just in case, you still want to try to fix your Windows clipboard, attached is zipped clipbrd.exe file

Attached Files

My Website

p4433470.gif

#10 magus888

magus888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:07 AM

thanx for the file broni , i really appreciate it!!! yep am still gonna try fixing my pc, thanx again and you rock!!! +rep!!

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

You're welcome :thumbsup:
Is your clipboard working now?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#12 stevepitts42

stevepitts42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Oct 2013 - downloaded the clipbrd file - for use on W7 - works fine (lenovo T420 laptop)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users