Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Smart Battery Auto-Learning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 naijaboykev28

naijaboykev28

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hey guys, I have trouble with my Compaq Presario 2500 Notebook. You see, whenever i start the windows, it automatically starts the smart battery learning to caliberate my battery. So I let it do its job and when finished, restarted the computer. But now, it keeps on asking me to recaliberate my battery over and over again. Also, it beeps and freezes my computer when I recalibrate the battery. I used a new battery and it still starts to Smart Battery Auto Learning! Plus when I skip the procedure, it would disturb me from using my computer, like in the Firefox, when I typing something it would stop me from typing and highlight the address bar -.- So is their anyway I can stop this? Please hellp!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-sys...oblem/m-p/89315

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00817650

Seems to me that you are going to have to look to HP for guidance on this issue.

Louis

#3 naijaboykev28

naijaboykev28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

thanks louis...i guess i brought a fake battery then. i'll try to purchase one from HP

EDIT: is it weird that the computer asked me to calibrate my battery even though my battery's not in? lol

Edited by naijaboykev28, 03 June 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#4 striker150

striker150

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

When your pc boots up at the bottom it should press f2 or f12 for startup go to advanced tab and scroll down to battery auto learning disable that it should work now

Mod Edit: Topic is over 1 year old ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 September 2011 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users