Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP DV6000 temperature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cachano

cachano

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hi everybody, I just did a bga reflow work on a HP dv6000 and I think everthing is working fine but I just want to make sure that the temperatures are right, so.. I'm using a program to see the temps and I have: the cpu is working around 49 C when fan is on and then gets to 59 C when fan is off, and the video get 58 C when fan is on and when is off gets 68 C.

Can anyone let me know if the temps sound good to you ? thanks for the support.

------

updated BIOS and now is 9 or 10 degrees less. ;)

cpu: 38 C
video: 50 C

anyways, somebody let me know what you think about this. thanks.

Edited by cachano, 02 June 2010 - 10:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

Your temps are not bad.
When you did the reflow, did you replace that strange foam stuff between the heatsink and gpu with a copper shim? The bios upgrade runs the fan constant which in turn will shorten your battery time between charges, it was HP's lame attempt of a fix for their blunder of overheating their gpu's because of the design flaw

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

Everything Joe C said above. The bios flash makes your fan run all the time to get your chipset through the full warranty period. Shortens battery life a bit though.

Apple, Dell and other OEMS did the same thing.

Edited by dpunisher, 03 June 2010 - 06:45 AM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 cachano

cachano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

when I did the reflow I took the heat sink out and I cleaned good a lil bit around, I took out all the old thermal compound. Also, I did put the copper shim in the video chip with artic silver thermal compound. so now.. do you think is better to use the old BIOS settings ? or just stay with the new one. something else I dont have is the plastic zif to attach the mouse to the motherboard, I look all on ebay but I can't find it. I dont want to buy a motherboard just to take one zif :thumbsup: thanks for the reply guys.

#5 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

I have a DV2000 that I fixed with the reflow trick too, When I updated something from HP (I knew I should've looked first but I did not) HP did a bios flash as an update, now my battery life is about half of what it was and I did not see a another bios to flash it back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users