Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer errors constantly popping up and windows security alerrts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 burtonjib

burtonjib

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hello, for the past three days I have been trying to access my computer. I'm quite positive I have a malware infection but I have no idea where it is. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit.

As soon as I boot up my computer an error pops up before the password screen. It reads LoginUI.exe - Bad Image in the top bar and then gives the description:

error. C:\windows\system32\WinTrust.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I have to click okay about 20 times before i can access the main login screen. Once i login i get another error similar but instead says Skype.exe - bad image. My windows virus protection has been disabled, and I am unable to open any virus program other than Avast and S&D. I get similar errors to the others when trying to open Norton or Ad-Aware. Even while I was trying to type my topic title to this thread, errors would come up every letter I typed.

Oh and one more thing. I am receiving window's errors constantly, the most common being Windows sidebar encountered a problem and closed, windows live id encountered a problem and closed, and gusvc encountered a problem and closed. I also cannot access msn messenger and my sound has been disabled

any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance,

jonathon :

Edited by burtonjib, 02 June 2010 - 07:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users