Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS is blocking my retail XP keys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 t0r0nt0

t0r0nt0

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hi ... Today I went and bought a new hard drive to install xp clean but only to
find out Microsoft wouldn't accept my product keys which for some reason they
have blocked . I never thought a retail version could be block . I call
Microsoft to find out why my keys are being blocked . I was told that I was
trying to activated it to many times in one day , or something like that , which
really wasn't the case . I really never got a straight answer as to why . So now
my retail version is no good to use . So why should I have faith in MS if they
can do this to paying customers ? I still have the bill of sale and the box
where I purchase it from " Future Shop " an legit outlet . Its a retail version
not an OEM and this copy is only install on this one computer , one license per
computer . I paid back in 2001 $499.00 canadian for it . I never once had any
issues before with reactivating it until today . What would you do in my shoes ,
go to the press ? THIS IS TOTALLY LEGIT .

Edited by t0r0nt0, 03 June 2010 - 03:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Activation issues...are the province of Microsoft and its designated agents.

I can't say what I would do, since I've never had a license "blocked" and my PA hiccups have all been resolved to my satisfaction within 2-3 minutes by representatives of MS.

Louis

#3 t0r0nt0

t0r0nt0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

Activation issues...are the province of Microsoft and its designated agents.

I can't say what I would do, since I've never had a license "blocked" and my PA hiccups have all been resolved to my satisfaction within 2-3 minutes by representatives of MS.

Louis

No offense but that doesn't really help me . F#%&^*g India / Philippine tech support sucks and should NOT be a reliable source for north american folks

Edited by t0r0nt0, 03 June 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#4 marktreg

marktreg

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:06 AM

I would phone them up again and ask to speak to the supervisor. Tell them you have the bill of sale etc. If they are not cooperative tell them you want to speak to their escalations manager because you are considering talking to a lawyer about the whole thing. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what you can do.

Edited by marktreg, 03 June 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

How to activate Windows XP (did you follow the procedures listed)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890

If it won't activate online, use the procedure in How to activate Windows XP by phone.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

FWIW: Forum Rules.

"There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations. This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension."

Your comments re designated support personnel at Microsoft...are uncalled for and don't advance your chances of success with your situation, IMO.

Funny that these same support personnel seem to get the job they are charged with...done properly with some of us who follow the enunciated procedures for resolution of PA issues.

Louis

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

Forum Rules

also state

There will be no use of profanity on our message boards. This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.

This also applies to "disguised not-so-clever attempts" to get around this rule. Anyone with working brain cells will know immediately what word you mean. In the future, show respect to all and remember not everyone wants to see/hear that type of language/certain words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users