Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system configuration utilities

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kitsy

Kitsy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

After having trouble accessing the internet, I determined to examine everything. Accidently disabled my pc with system configuration utility. Can get into pc in F8 only. Don't know where to go next. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hi Kitsy and welcome to the forum!

Is the system configuration utility that you are referring to accessed by typing start - run then typing msconfig in the run box?

Will the system boot safe mode when you press F8 on startup?

Have you tried last known good configuration from the startup menu?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Kitsy

Kitsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I had just had my Dell 3000 checked. 50% eaten up with viruses but are now gone. But I could not get on the internet when I brought pc home. So I just started from the beginning checking everything from wireless down. I was in the system configuration and highlighted the wrong startup. The pc starts up but in system configuration utility only and everything is locked or frozen. Can't move the mouse or keys on keyboard. When I restart in F8 the safe mode really doesn't work either through the HELP I can get a listsvc and see that everything has been disabled and I do not know how to enable back to normal start. I have tried the normal start/normal boot but still shows up in system configuration utility and frozen. Surely there is a way to unlock and enable back to the way it was. But then I still need to know why I can't get on internet.

Kitsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users