Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ugly looking connections in netstat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wajoe

wajoe

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

So just reading through tutorials, this one specifically: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tracing-a-hacker/ and I have a lot pop up when I type in netstat. If I understand the tutorial right(not likely :thumbsup: ) then looking at the last number I've got a handful of connections in the "Dynamic/Private Ports 49152 to 65535 Be extremely suspicious."

I'm generally pretty lame on my computer cause I know the fun stuff is where they get ya, just email from friends, facebook but never any apps, triumphrat.net forums, hulu. I run ClamWin av, which I just found out ranked kinda low, doh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClamWin It's a toshiba running Vista 64 bit

Here's a screen shot of netstat -a results. Did this with browser closed, current things in the tray other than the basics include wireless multifunction printer control center(source of some of my connections?) and java update notification.

Thanks for any input,

Roger

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wajoe

wajoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

Forgot to say, ClamWin, GMER, and MBAM all check out. Couldn't run dds since my computer recognizes it as an AutoCAD script, there are a few different options I see in my search results for that problem... I'll let you guys give me a shove before I try anything extra there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users