Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-270f Desktop PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twelve

twelve

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hi,

I would like to get a new desktop pc and monitor....so thought I would seek your opinions and thoughts....

Would use it for browsing, email, movies, lots of hulu (and similar) and a bit of gaming. Would like it to have a Blue Ray player and an HDMI output. And just in case, would like the unit to be expandable.

What do you think of the HP Pavilion Elite HPE-270f Desktop PC (link to this model on the HP site is below) - its abt 1250$...Is it worthwhile? Is there a better choice? What monitor would work nicely with this machine? Was considering 23"-25" size, must be matte (glossy finish has too much glare for my eyes)..... Budget is flexible but wouldnt mind keeping it to 1500/1600 total. May need to get speakers.....

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/product/BK175AA%2523ABA

In case the link doesnt work here are the General Features
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor Intel Core i7-930 Processor
Memory 8GB
Memory speed 8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM memory (4 x 2048MB for ultimate performance)
Total memory slots 6 DIMM (270-pin, DDR3) (two available)
Maximum memory expansion 24GB
Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card with 1GB DDR5 dedicated graphics memory, HDMI, dual-link DVI, display port, and VGA capabilities, and support for Blu-ray and Microsoft DirectX 11
TV & entertainment experience N/A
PCI expansion 1 PCI Express x4 (available) 1 PCI Express x1 (occupied) 2 PCI Express x16 (one available)
Hard drive 1 Terabyte Serial ATA hard drive
Primary CD/DVD drive Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology Write: 16x max DVD+/-R, 4x max DVD+/-R DL, 8x max DVD+RW, 6x max DVD-RW, 5x max DVD-RAM, 40x max CD-R, 24x max CD-RW Read: 8x max BD-ROM, 16x max DVD-ROM, 40x max CD-ROM
Secondary CD/DVD drive N/A
Networking 10/100/1000Base-T network interface Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Sound card High Definition Audio with up to 7.1 surround sound capabilities
Speakers N/A
Front-side bus (processor dependent) N/A
Power supply N/A
I/O ports Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader: supports SmartMedia, xD, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital (SD), Mini Secure Digital, Compact Flash I, Compact Flash II, IBM Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, RSMMC, MMC Mobile, MMC+ Headphone; Microphone (Front) 4 USB 2.0 ports (Back) 3 USB 2.0 ports (Front) 1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port (Back) Headphone; Microphone; (Front) Optical Audio Out; LAN; Microphone/Line-in/Line-out; Rear speaker-out; Side speaker out; Center (subwoofer) (back) DVI, HDMI and VGA available on the graphics card
Software, full versions HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia & entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists & watch DVD movies Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Burn data files and folders and copy discs. Print disc labels, paper jewel boxes, and CD inserts Microsoft Works 9.0: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet database and calendar HP Total Care Advisor: makes your PC easier to use -view your status at a glance, access support, discover more ways to use your PC, and navigate easily to your favorite software and services.
Software, introductory versions Norton Internet Security 2010: Preinstalled security software helps protect you from viruses, spyware, and other online threats, right out of the box (60 days of complimentary live updates)

Dimensions Unpackaged: 7.05"(W) x 16.30" (L/D) x 15.79" (H) approx Packaged: 11.42 (W) X 19.49" (L/D) x 20.32" (H) approx.
Basic warranty 1 year limited hardware warranty and 1 year software support

Thank you!!

Edited by twelve, 02 June 2010 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Sad to see no one gave you an opinion and this post has gone dorment, would it still be worth my time to offer an opinion or have you already abandoned this post?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users