Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSW_Agent H

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

I've been working on a couple of computers latley, it seems that we've been hit with all kinds of nasties.

I scanned my computer {98 SE} with Norton and AGV. Norton say's I'm clean, however AGV say's I have a PSW_Agent H virus.{trojan} It is in the C"Windows\Temp\UPDATE.DAT I cannot remove it because it is being used by windows.

What should I do??? Will it hurt my computer if it stay's there. How can I get rid of it? I deleated all my temp files once and it went away on the next scan, but it is back today. It say's that I got it on May the 10th.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. :thumbsup:
Thanks very much
Puter Granny :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:58 PM

Boot your computer into safe mode, hit the F8 key when it says Starting Windows 98 and select safe mode.

When it boots into safe mode try to delete the file. Also right click on the file and click on properties and make sure it is not set to read only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users