Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unauthorised access blocked - Norton

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bsm

bsm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hello.

All of a sudden my PC is working slower than usual, and I am wondering if it has something to do with several messages that I've started getting on Norton.

Please see examples of messages below.
Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Example 1:
Activity - Unauthorized Access blocked (Send Terminate Message to Window)
Actor - C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
Actor PID - 1464
Target - \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\4.1.0.32\ccsvchost.exe
Target PID - 1772
Action - Send Terminate Message to Window
Reaction: Unauthorised access blocked

Example 2:
Activity - Unathorized Access blocked (Duplicate Object)
Actor - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE
Actor PID - 912
Target - \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\4.1.0.32\ccsvchost.exe
Target PID - 1772
Action - Duplicate Object
Reaction: Unauthorised access blocked

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bsm

bsm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

Hi.

No responses yet to my original post. Is anyone able to help??

PC isn't working as slow now, but I'm still getting a couple of messages per day regarding unauthorised access being blocked.

Thanks!

#3 Fat2000

Fat2000

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hey I noticed that you are having trouble with the ccsvchost.exe. Well, let me tell you that I am not an expert but from what I have seen and gathered this is a little thing installed by Comcast Cable to monitor your computer probably to determine how much you are downloading in order to prevent you from going over the 250gb max they allotted for your usage. I have the same problem and it has gotten to the point where I cannot run any of my other apps without it freezing on me. So, I am going to just do a clean install or restore back to the time before I got Comcast and I just canceled my internet with them so now I am going back to ATT DSL. I bet you can't even turn it off in the Task Manager because it gives you an access denied message. You can turn off svchost.exe but not ccsvchost.exe. If I find another solution I will post it here for you. Sorry if I couldn't be of any help.

"I wear my TUX to LAN parties!"

#4 Fat2000

Fat2000

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

So, I am going to just do a clean install or restore back to the time before I got Comcast.

Did a restore to the original settings and the ccsvchost.exe was still there, however when I did a complete reformat and reinstall of the software I was able to get rid of it and it hasn't been back since. Computer is running great no freezing and no sign of ccsvchost.exe anywhere yet.

I just canceled my internet with them so now I am going back to ATT DSL.

Well, that was a wash, I went back with AT&T and had a problem with my VOIP so I canceled that and went back to Comcast. I know, hypocritical but what can you do. As long as I don't install the Comcast Desktop doctor I won't get the ccsvchost.exe file running in my system. But I am sure there are other solutions for this problem out there and I hope that someone out there submits one soon. It will be better than having to format the HDD just to accomplish this. A solution that will help not only remove ccsvchost.exe but prevent it from coming back as well. Good luck to you bsm and I hope I was able to help you in some way. :flowers:

FAT2000 :thumbsup:

"I wear my TUX to LAN parties!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users