Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I restore the textures of the airbus a321 to default?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ian4279

ian4279

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in playing in fsx(deluxe). I just bought it 2 weeks ago. In the game when I am about to choose an aircraft to fly, only the airbus a321 does not appear on the screen. It only shows the door and the wings. All of their variations were affected that i do not know. I also like to download planes from websites and to add new textures. Of course, if u will add a texture you will make some tweaks or add some text at the aircraft.cfg file. Can this be the reason of me losing all the textures of the airbus a321? Because I tried to repair it but something after the repair says that another program ran that made the cd not finish the installation. Can the cd being "pirated" affect this kind of situation or it just depends on the program? What would you recommend? To repair it or reinstall the whole thing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

I did check out the demo once and found it OK, but do not recall what the aircraft file structure was.
Having said that, the obvious thing would be to reinstall, if you want default textures.

However, as you appear to have knowledge of aircraft.cfg files / folders, you could just
download other textures and put them in the appropriate place.

One source, Simviation:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/perlfect...p;q=Airbus+A321

You should get a text page, with details; if you hang on for a few seconds, the pages will load
with numerous pictures and details.

Bear in mind that unless you pay for premium access to the Simviation site,
the downloads will be painfully slow, (30kbps).

Membership is $19.95 for 12 months.
Express Members can expect download speeds up to 1mbps/Cable & 300kbps/DSL.

You are aware that there are other download sites; I found Simviation useful for the Combat FS series
and also for MS 2004 Century of Flight.

Edited by petewills , 02 June 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Just downloaded the FSX demo, out of interest; pretty straightforward layout, similar to the games
previously mentioned, (except Combat FS3). It helps if you have a decent chunk of RAM, I have 2.5GB.

FSX demo structure:

Location: Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo

Folders:

\SimObjects
\Airplanes
\Folder - Name of plane e.g. Lear45 (aircraft.cfg and Lear45.air (airfile) etc.)
\Model
\Panel
\Sound
\SoundAI
\Texture (.dds texture files - 5mb to 14mb for the demo planes).

The overall file size for each plane is quite large, (35,775kb for the Lear), but if you only want different textures,
downloading should not be so tedious.

btw, you say you bought the program and then refer to a pirated CD.

If you don't have a genuine MS CD, you can always expect problems and help is not permitted in these forums,
as it would be a breach of forum rules.

Edited by petewills , 02 June 2010 - 12:37 PM.

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

The FSX forum would be a good place to ask-

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?25-FSX-Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users