Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free memory dropping fast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyAkkuret

DeadlyAkkuret

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

The free memory on my computer is quite low as it is but it seems to be dropping ridiculously fast and without me downloading any large files.

My computer doesn't seem to have any viruses and it's not running particularly slow, but the memory has dropped about 2GB in under a month and there's no way I've downloaded that much content. The biggest file I downloaded recently was 500MB (Breaking Bad) but I deleted it as soon as I was finished watching it, other than that I've only downloaded a few songs.

Is it normal for this to happen? Is there any chance that updates are that big? It doesn't seem right to me at all.

P.S. I went to System, then clicked the System Restore tab and my Disk space usage is at max. I am guessing that's bad?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeadlyAkkuret

DeadlyAkkuret
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

42 views and no help? Srsly?

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

Well, your post is a bit confusing.

First you refer to "free memory", then you mention "Disk space usage". The two aren't the same.

As far as disk space, it is easy to eat up lots of gigs of space in a month. You have to figure temp internet files eat up space, and simply deleting a file doesn't mean it is gone. Delete your temp internet files, manually delete the recycle bin contents and see how much space it frees up.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

use atf cleaner to remove temp file and cach files and such .it a great little free program .
http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25

Edited by caperjac, 02 June 2010 - 06:21 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users