Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard issue??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 asummers

asummers

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Ive got a EVGA 680i motherboard with a E6420 CPU and 2 gigs of DDR. OK the motherboard has 4 slots on it... from the left to right > blue black blue black. only the last two blue and black seem to work. if i put anything in the first two blue black slots it gives a C1 error which is memory according to the manual. is there a fix for it or a flash or something? I really hopeing this motherboard isn't bad. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

This will seem an odd question: Are you running an aftermarket CPU cooler on it? There have been more reports lately of aftermarket coolers exerting too much clamp force and warping the motherboard enough to disable the memory slot(s) nearest the CPU.

To be fair, that motherboard wasn't the most reliable out there. NVidia always seemed to have problems with it's Intel 775 chipsets, and the only reason you bought one was because you needed to run an SLI config. If that mobo had a lifetime warranty, it might be RMA time.

Try the EVGA forums as there might be some pertinent info floating around there.
http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=16 and here: http://www.evga.com/forumsarchive/tm.asp?m=169747

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 asummers

asummers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

No it has the factory intel cooler on it. Ive looked it up and it says it has a lifetime warrenty on it but i bought it from a friend thats over in iraq right now so anyone think it will work with me trying to rma it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users