Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I am working in a law firm that has three Dell XPS 410 computers running Windows XP Professional. Two of the computers have no problem getting on the internet but the third one just can't. I've tried using a restore point back to when it did work.

When I first got on the computer I took the computer into Safe Mode and was able to connect to the Internet but can't once I am out of safe mode and back to the desktop after restarting.

They hava a linksys wireless dongle attached to the computer.

Other than that the computer functions perfectly. I am not at the office so I can givbe you specifics but I would sure appreciate any and all suggestions.

I was told four days ago itwas working fine.

Thought it might have been a virus. Ran Maawarebytes. It found a combination of 50 adware and 8 trojan viruses. I cleaned them off bu still can't get on line.

Once I get back to the office I can give exact type of Linksys Router as well as the dongle. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I brought an external drive and put on Malawarebytes.

Thyanks again for any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

I would like to first make myself clear with this. Now are you able to browse the internet (wireless) in safe mode with networking. If you are able to browse then there is something in the computer which is blocking. If no then it might be a problem with the connectivity or settings. Reply back so that we can further assist you regarding this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users