Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus disabled sound and internet connection, also windows classic display for windows XP desktop. Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kanaGen

kanaGen

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

ok i have avg and everything with my computer is up to date. But just yesterday i tried getting on my laptop and it wouldn't connect to neither my local area connection (through wire) or my wireless connection. We tried rebooting the modem and Router, restarting my computer (several times), and changing the wire. my mother's connection is perfectly fine so i know it has to be my computer. Also my sound device got disabled around the same time. the very first time i started my laptop up around the time all this started happening it wouldn't bring up any of my icons (it just showed my wallpaper) and task manager wouldn't do anything. I had to hold down the power button and restart. When the computer came back up all my icons were there, however, the desktop display was in windows classic mode and there is no way to change it through properties. I tried scanning for the virus through avg and it didn't detect a single harmful virus. I don't know what to do. I can't get on the internet to download anything through my computer and i need the virus destroyed before it messes more things up on my computer. I can't afford another laptop and i have approximately 4 years of videos, picture, and music on there that i may not be able to get back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

How do you know, your issue is infection related?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 trainingwheels

trainingwheels

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

I had the same prob and it has been fixed.

Read my post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1782515

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

"the same problem" is often NOT the same, since general descriptions of apparent system symptoms...can be attributed to many things.

Do not try to apply the solutions of one person with a seemingly similar malware situation...to your system.

I am moving this post to a more appropriate forum for malware problems, the BC Am I Infected forum.

From this point on, please take all instructions/suggestions from BC staff in that forum.

Good luck :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 trainingwheels

trainingwheels

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

Ignore my previous post. Was only trying to help.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hello and thanks to all who posted to help along the way...
Ley's see if we can get our foot in the door.
You need to do all the steps as some pertain to your issue..
Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Antispyware Soft (Uninstall Guide)
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users