1. Unable to connect to the Internet, but gets sent A LOT of pop-ups time to time, such as Porn Sites, etc. (The only browser he has so far is IE7.)
2. Cannot open Windows Task Manager, it won't allow him.
3. Computer gets BSOD are some points.
This is all I know so far. What I am going to do to help him out is give him some Anti-Malware/Spyware/Virus installer EXEs that should hopefully allow him to remove some infections, however... I don't know if this will work, due to that some viruses/malware prevents some installer EXEs from running. (I ran into this problem with one of the Laptops at school that the tech crew had, tried to Install Malwarebytes on the Laptop, and the Installer EXE didn't run at all.)
The installer EXEs I will give him are these...
1. mbam-setup-1.46 (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware *Free*)
2. SUPERAntiSpyware (SUPERAntiSpyware *Free*)
3. setup_av_free (Avast! 5.0 Anti-Virus *Home*) "He has Norton, but seeing as it might be out-dated, I think this Anti-Virus might be better to use."
4. Firefox Setup 3.6.3 (Firefox Internet Browser) "Just to see if he can get on the Internet with that, it's worth a shot."
I don't know if this is a good idea, but any suggestions of what he should do? He can't enter Safe Mode, and also he can't connect to the Internet, so... any ideas?
*There might be more Viruses/Malware that this, due to the issues he has, but only that name popped up, and he told me it.*
Edited by Random User, 01 June 2010 - 09:06 PM.