Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading & Video Causes My web pages not to load

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shroomie6

shroomie6

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

Whenever I download a file (usually music or movies) my web pages will not load once my file is downloaded or while it is downloading. The same happens when I'm Just watching Youtube videos. Ive tried both internet browsers I have (Firefox & IE) and both won't display. I know for a fact I'm connected to the Internet but it just won't load web pages. The url shows in my Web page TAB and thats it. My only solution is to Restart my computer everytime and it's quite annoying. Could someone please help me resolve this issue, THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

STEP:1 If it happens only while watching video then it might be a problem with display adaptor also.

Try to check in device manager what is the display card and driver version.
Get into manufacture website and check if an updated driver is available. If not then get into device manufactures website (For example if you are having Nvidia display card get into Nvidia website) and select the model number and check if updated driver is available. If yes then install it.

Please replay after performing above trouble shooting if this does not work then we will try something else.

#3 shroomie6

shroomie6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

It not only happens when I watch Videos on Youtube after 20+ minutes But Mostly when I download stuff. I did do what you asked anyways but there was no update.
Heres a Pic of What my web page looks like when It dosn't show anything but the URL in the TAB. Not even an error message works: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/sh...e6/Untitled.jpg

Edited by shroomie6, 01 June 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#4 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:21 AM

Now i got it there might be various reasons for this. Ther are lots of troubleshooting steps for this so we may need to narrow down the problem first.

STEP1: TOOL BARS
Please remove all the tools bars from the computer and check the status of the issue.

STEP 2: RESET INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS.

Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER "inetcpl.cpl".
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again and check the status of the issue.

STEP3: CHECKING IN SAFEMODE WITH NETWORKING.
To get into Safe Mode with Networking please restart the computer and as soon as you see the computer manufacturer logo on the screen keep tabbing "F8" key on keyboard. You will get "Advanced Boot Options" in which "Safe Mode with Networking" is one of them. Highlight on "Safe Mode with Networking" and press "Enter". In this mode the display adaptor and non microsoft service will not run so the screen resolution will be large, So don't get panic.
Once the computer boots in "Safe Mode with Networking try to download software from this mode and check the status. If it works in "Safe Mode with networking" please let us know for further troubleshooting.

#5 shroomie6

shroomie6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

Ok first I tried the Safe Mode method. It worked like a charm in Safe Mode, I was Downloading many files and no problem. Then I switched back to regular mode and downloaded a 2 files And during the second file my web pages went blank as mentioned. Then I tried Disabling all toolbars in Firefox because i don't have any in IE (I hardly use IE)-That didn't work. Then I reset Internet Explorer Settings like you said but that didn't have any effect. So the only time it DID WORK was in "Safe Mode with networking" Thanks for going step by step with me and helping me by the way

#6 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

Great, it worked in safe mode. This basically means that there is some software in the computer which might be causing the problem it might be the antivirus or the tool bars.

You can try to uninstall all the tool bars instead of disabling it. Then if you have the disk for the Antivirus then try uninstalling the antivirus and check the status.

Most of the time i have fixed the issue by doing this step. If the above given two steps does not work then we will try with some other steps.

#7 shroomie6

shroomie6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

I tried both and the Uninstalling/Re-Installing of my antivirus seemed to fix it. I just downloaded 3 large files with ease. Thanks So much the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users