Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smart Security infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 fantasy09

fantasy09

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

I'm sorry,but my internet is acting up and I have accidentally posted a lot of doppelganger posts. I don't see a user delete button so could a mod delete them please. Thank-you

EDIT: Dupes taken care of :) ~ Hamluis.

Hello again. I have followed the log making guide the moderator told me to follow from my original topic, and I have made a new one with the results as well as what I said was wrong in my first topic.

My computer was attacked by a virus called Smart Security. When I asked for help I was linked to this website and this page. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-smart-security. The virus did everything the help page said it was going to do. It screwed up my registry, kept popping up saying I was affected with this and that, wouldn't let me go online anymore etc. I followed the help page to the letter except for one step.The step that starts from number 21 because I am scared of deleting my system 32 file since I know it's such a important component of a computer. The virus left without me having to do that part anyway or so I thought. The administrator username I was under when the virus attacked is all weird now. An OPEN WITH box always comes up when I click on anything. The internet will not come up at all, and the control panel has this error message C:/windows/system32/rundll32.exe/application not found when I click on anything in it. Even system restore. Luckily( and strangely) my other admin usernames were not affected like this. I can go on the internet and the control panel. However, there are problems there to. I sometimes get redirected when on the net,and firefox will crash. Goggle chrome will not work at all. Also even though I can still go to safe mode I can no longer do anything there.

I have downloaded and ran Malewarebytes,Wondershare Registry Optimizer, Spybot-search and destroy, AVG 9.0 Anti-virus plus firewall, and Auslogics Registry Cleaner,but the problems still persist. I do have my original windows XP disc that came with my computer,but I can't use it because my disk drive has been shot for for a while.

I have two GMER logs in the attachments. The first one titled ark.txt is the one that I followed the directions. However, before I even pressed scan some problems were detected. I ignored them and went on an pressed scan. However, just in case those problems were relevant I did another gmer scan and the same problems came up like the first time without me actually telling it to scan. So I listed that attachment as ark2txt.

DDS Log
DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Vulpichu at 18:24:26.71 on Mon 05/31/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_19
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1022.132 [GMT -5:00]

AV: AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {17DDD097-36FF-435F-9E1B-52D74245D6BF}
FW: AVG Firewall *disabled* {8decf618-9569-4340-b34a-d78d28969b66}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0379.0\mswinext.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe
C:\Program Files\Wimba\Pronto\pronto.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\1.0.150\SSScheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Auslogics BoostSpeed\boostspeed.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SCServer\SCServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Vulpichu\My Documents\Downloads\Defogger.exe
C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Vulpichu\My Documents\Downloads\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uSearch Page = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uSearch Bar = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr9/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uWindow Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com
mSearch Page = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com
mSearch Bar = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com
mSearchAssistant =
uURLSearchHooks: AVG Security Toolbar BHO: {a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c} - c:\program files\avg\avg9\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
uURLSearchHooks: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn3\yt.dll
BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn3\yt.dll
TB: Veoh Browser Plug-in: {d0943516-5076-4020-a3b5-aefaf26ab263} - c:\program files\veoh networks\veoh\plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn3\yt.dll
TB: Veoh Web Player Video Finder: {0fbb9689-d3d7-4f7a-a2e2-585b10099bfc} - c:\program files\veoh networks\veohwebplayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
TB: Veoh Video Compass: {52836eb0-631a-47b1-94a6-61f9d9112dae} - c:\program files\veoh networks\veoh video compass\SearchRecsPlugin.dll
TB: AVG Security Toolbar: {ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829} - c:\program files\avg\avg9\toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
TB: MSN Toolbar: {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - c:\program files\msn toolbar\platform\4.0.0379.0\npwinext.dll
uRun: [WMPNSCFG] c:\program files\windows media player\WMPNSCFG.exe
uRun: [swg] "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
uRun: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\TeaTimer.exe
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "c:\program files\yahoo!\messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [BitTorrent DNA] "c:\program files\dna\btdna.exe"
uRun: [Auslogics BoostSpeed] c:\program files\auslogics\auslogics boostspeed\boostspeed.exe
uRun: [pronto] "c:\program files\wimba\pronto\pronto.exe"
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [SSBkgdUpdate] "c:\program files\common files\scansoft shared\ssbkgdupdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
mRun: [SetDefPrt] c:\program files\brother\brmfl04a\BrStDvPt.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [PtiuPbmd] Rundll32.exe ptipbm.dll,SetWriteBack
mRun: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
mRun: [PaperPort PTD] c:\program files\scansoft\paperport\pptd40nt.exe
mRun: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
mRun: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
mRun: [MSN Toolbar] "c:\program files\msn toolbar\platform\4.0.0379.0\mswinext.exe"
mRun: [Microsoft Default Manager] "c:\program files\microsoft\search enhancement pack\default manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
mRun: [IndexSearch] c:\program files\scansoft\paperport\IndexSearch.exe
mRun: [ftutil2] rundll32.exe ftutil2.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
mRun: [ControlCenter2.0] c:\program files\brother\controlcenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
mRun: [AVG9_TRAY] c:\progra~1\avg\avg9\avgtray.exe
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\vulpichu\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\mcafee~1.lnk - c:\program files\mcafee security scan\1.0.150\SSScheduler.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\status~1.lnk - c:\program files\brother\brmfcmon\Br

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2010 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shannon2012

Shannon2012

• Security Colleague
  • 3,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

Shannon

#3 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi, I could only redo the DDS log and its attachment. When I did Gmer It got to finish scanning, but when I went to click 'save' my mouse and keyboard locked up and would not come back on unless I restarted the computer. I didn't get to save as a result and the gmer log was lost. However, I did get to see what was scanned and it's exactly the same as the gmer log I have attached in my original post. So you will have to use that one. The DDS log and its attachment are the same as well, but I will go on ahead and re-post those since nothing messed up as I redid them.

Also, what I have listed as wrong with my computer, and what I tried to do to solve it is exactly the same as what I have in my orignal post.

It's hard for me to post on this site as well now. A cannot display this webpage error come up every time I try to post. I had to use another computer to post this. The attachment icon in my email will not work either. So you will have to use all the attachments from my original post. Thank-you

Edited by fantasy09, 07 June 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hello fantasy09,
  • Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.

Your log(s) show that you are using so called peer-to-peer or file-sharing programmes (in your case BittorrentDNA). These programmes allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world the cyber crime has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.

It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: "File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer" and "Risks of File-Sharing Technology."

It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organisations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.

Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."

The following is referring to Wondershare Registry Optimizer 5.3.4
Please be aware that bleepingcomputer staff do not recommend the usage of registry cleaners / tools due to the following facts:
  • Registry tools can cause irreparable damage to your Operating System
  • Registry tools can, as a result of the above, render your pc to be inoperable.
This is done, assuming that the major audience here at this board might be inexperienced users and thus a suggested safeguard from our side.
If you feel you have the need for a registry cleaner, then you are just as welcome to keep it. This is what we refer to an "optional fix" and is up to the user, so just take this as a recommendation from my side.

We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.

In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
  1. Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
  2. If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
  3. Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
  4. You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press
  5. Click on
  6. Click on
  7. Uncheck this checkbox:
  8. Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy

We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make.
  • Open Windows Defender.
  • Click on Tools, General Settings.
  • Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended).
  • After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.
After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.

Download and Run RKill
    Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Things to include in your next reply:
Combofix.txt
How is your machine running now?

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi,where is windows defender located? I didn't see it in the start menu or the control panel?

Also I know you told me to use combofix,and you're the expert,but after reading this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=combofix I am very wary of its use. It sounds like a complete nightmare can happen to my computer. Are you 110% sure this is the only way? You didn't say,but is this the link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix I should follow to the letter to use combo fix?

Should I disable my firewall(it's the one that comes with XP already) with my antivirus software?

I've already used Wondershare Registry Optimizer 5.3.4 a few weeks ago, and deleted what it told me to. Would combofix mess up because I used a registry cleaner?

Lastly, my cd drive is shot. I have been unable to use it for a while so I cannot put a CD in of any kind. Not even my windows XP disk if something goes wrong. Will this windows recovery console that combo fix will download back up my data without me having to use a disk?

Ps. I have no idea how this BittorrentDNA got on my computer,but it probably had something to do with the virus because it wasn't there at first. If you say this has the potential to be illegal then I of course want it off my computer. Will I have to delete it manually or will combofix do it for me?

PPS. Don't know if this will help,but for the past three days my IP address will show zero's,and no amount of fixing will make it come back unless I reboot my computer. This never happened before I was attacked.

Thank-you

Edited by fantasy09, 10 June 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hello,

I understand your concerns about Combofix. But as it says only to use under the guidance of a professional. Combofix can't be used in all instances. If something goes wrong we can use a usb flash drive to fix it. Combofix as you notice when it is run will help you install a recovery console.Combofix has a quarantine and backup of everything it does. Combofix will not delete BittorentDNA you will have to do that through Add/remove programs. Combofix will not messs up because of the registry cleaner. However Registry cleaners can sometimes Delete registry entries needed. Unless your trained to know that they shouldn't be deleting a certain one. Combofix is one of the main tools we use and the owner of the tool is a member of staff here at BC.

Uninstalling A Program Through "add/remove"

Click "start" on the taskbar and then click on the "Control Panel" icon.
Please doubleclick the "Add or Remove Programs" icon
A list of programs installed will be "populated" this may take a bit of time.
If they exist, uninstall the following by clicking on the following entries and selecting "remove":

bittorrentDNA

Additional instructions can be found here if needed.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#7 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Okay, as long it makes backups of everything then that eases my mind a bit on using it. I will go on ahead with your instructions. However, again one step says to disable my Windows Defender Real-time Protection,but I have no idea where that is located to do so?

Thanks

Edited by fantasy09, 10 June 2010 - 06:27 PM.

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hello,

Go ahead and run Combofix it will tell you if windows defender is running.
when we see it in you installed programs we give this generalized tip so Combofix wont pick up it is running. You may not have the service running.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#9 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix I downloaded combofix,but my computer skipped the making a desktop icon part, and went right to the part that says This publisher can not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software, and it has the option of run or cancel. Is this normal, and should I go on ahead and run?

#10 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

GO ahead and run

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#11 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

After the warranty disclaimer came up and I pressed okay an error box came up, and said you cannot rename combofix combofix2 and then the error disapeared. What is it talking about? I didn't rename anything.

#12 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Is there a copy of Combofix on your desktop? If so Delete it. If not follow my instructions below.

Download and Rename Combofix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it 1234.scr before saving it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on 1234.scr & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a HijackThis log so we can continue cleaning the system.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#13 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

It will not let me save or rename it to my desktop. It goes straight to a screen that has a list of anything I've downloaded,and then if I click on it a little box comes up saying save file or cancel. If I click save file, instead of going to the process that will let me save it to my desktop, it immediately goes to the publisher cannot be verified warning which says run or cancel. The name of it is Combofix(2).exe. I do not have a combofix1 on my desktop for it to even have a error message saying that I must rename it.

#14 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Apparently when I downloaded combofix the first time,but had questions and didn't run it it saved it under the download folder under My Documents. So when I downloaded it again it recognized I had already had it so it renamed the second download combox(2). I am looking at both of them now in the documents folder. I will use the original download, and not the(2) one. The download folder(under my documents) has given me the option to make it a shortcut. I did so,but the shortcut remains in the MY Documents folder, and not the desktop. I have no idea how to get it to my desktop. Is it okay if I keep it in My Documents?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out. I deleted combofix(2). Then I used the move this file option so it could be moved to my desktop, and it worked. Combofix is there now. I will now run it and get on with the instructions.

Edited by fantasy09, 10 June 2010 - 10:07 PM.

#15 fantasy09

fantasy09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Some things happened doing it that I assume( and hope) were normal. A error box came up saying Pev.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report. I didn't and let it be. Also Combofix detected roolkit activity and rebooted. Anyway, here is the log.

ComboFix 10-06-10.03 - Vulpichu 06/10/2010 22:31:20.1.1 - x86
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
FW: AVG Firewall *disabled* {8decf618-9569-4340-b34a-d78d28969b66}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\windows\3fb680fe-6b4e-43bc-aa56-f398c3caf31b.ocx
c:\windows\system32\0810be8f-b2fd-4cfc-bbc2-e45e10a7568b.dll
c:\windows\system32\driVERs\abfuz.sys

Infected copy of c:\windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys was found and disinfected
Restored copy from - Kitty had a snack tongue.gif
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Legacy_abfuz
-------\Service_abfuz

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-05-11 to 2010-06-11 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-06-08 12:29 . 2010-06-08 12:29 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer
2010-06-03 21:36 . 2010-06-03 21:36 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\ieSpell
2010-05-27 22:00 . 2010-05-27 22:00 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Wondershare
2010-05-27 19:56 . 2010-05-27 19:56 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\AVG Security Toolbar
2010-05-27 19:56 . 2010-05-27 19:56 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
2010-05-27 19:56 . 2010-05-27 19:56 -------- d-sh--w- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\IETldCache
2010-05-27 18:28 . 2010-05-27 18:28 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\AVG9
2010-05-27 16:08 . 2010-05-27 16:09 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-06-11 03:47 . 2009-05-30 22:32 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\DNA
2010-06-11 03:47 . 2009-05-30 22:32 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\DNA
2010-06-10 20:28 . 2008-07-16 11:04 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Google Updater
2010-06-08 12:29 . 2010-04-28 10:47 1324 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d9caps.dat
2010-06-03 21:34 . 2009-06-12 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ieSpell
2010-05-27 20:55 . 2010-04-28 03:32 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Auslogics
2010-04-28 15:42 . 2010-04-28 02:51 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2010-04-28 12:20 . 2010-04-28 03:09 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\avg9
2010-04-28 09:37 . 2010-04-28 08:42 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Auslogics
2010-04-28 08:08 . 2008-08-16 23:44 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Free Offers from Freeze.com
2010-04-28 07:01 . 2010-04-28 02:51 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2010-04-28 03:19 . 2010-04-28 03:12 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG Security Toolbar
2010-04-28 03:13 . 2010-04-28 03:13 12464 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\avgrsstx.dll
2010-04-28 03:13 . 2010-04-28 03:13 52872 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgrkx86.sys
2010-04-28 03:13 . 2010-04-28 03:12 242896 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgtdix.sys
2010-04-28 03:12 . 2010-04-28 03:12 216200 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgldx86.sys
2010-04-28 03:12 . 2010-04-28 03:12 29512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys
2010-04-28 03:11 . 2010-04-28 03:11 50968 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\avgfwdx.dll
2010-04-28 03:11 . 2010-04-28 03:11 30104 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgfwdx.sys
2010-04-28 03:10 . 2009-09-20 05:46 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AVG
2010-04-27 22:41 . 2010-02-27 07:56 664 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\d3d9caps.dat
2010-04-26 06:22 . 2008-12-19 18:04 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Yahoo! Companion
2010-04-26 03:03 . 2010-04-26 03:03 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-04-16 07:29 . 2010-04-16 07:29 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-04-16 07:29 . 2010-04-16 07:29 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-03-30 05:46 . 2010-04-16 07:29 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-03-30 05:45 . 2010-04-16 07:29 20824 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-09-25 16:41 . 2009-09-25 16:41 1044480 -c--a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\libdivx.dll
2009-09-25 16:41 . 2009-09-25 16:41 200704 -c--a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\ssldivx.dll
2009-09-06 00:35 . 2008-01-24 00:56 88 --sh--r- c:\windows\system32\528CA2086C.sys
2009-09-06 00:35 . 2008-01-24 00:56 900 --sha-w- c:\windows\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
"{A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C}"= "c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll" [2010-02-23 1664256]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{a3bc75a2-1f87-4686-aa43-5347d756017c}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829}"= "c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll" [2010-02-23 1664256]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ccc7a320-b3ca-4199-b1a6-9f516dd69829}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WMPNSCFG"="c:\program files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe" [2006-10-19 204288]
"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2008-07-16 68856]
"Messenger (Yahoo!)"="c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" [2009-11-10 5244216]
"BitTorrent DNA"="c:\program files\DNA\btdna.exe" [2009-11-29 323392]
"Auslogics BoostSpeed"="c:\program files\Auslogics\Auslogics BoostSpeed\boostspeed.exe" [2010-02-10 480368]
"pronto"="c:\program files\Wimba\Pronto\pronto.exe" [2009-08-14 14951048]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2010-02-18 248040]
"SSBkgdUpdate"="c:\program files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" [2003-10-14 155648]
"SetDefPrt"="c:\program files\Brother\Brmfl04a\BrStDvPt.exe" [2004-05-25 49152]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2009-05-26 413696]
"PtiuPbmd"="ptipbm.dll" [2003-01-16 24576]
"Ptipbmf"="ptipbmf.dll" [2003-06-20 118784]
"PaperPort PTD"="c:\program files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe" [2004-04-14 57393]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2009-06-10 1657376]
"NvMediaCenter"="c:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll" [2009-06-10 86016]
"NvCplDaemon"="c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2009-06-10 13758464]
"MSN Toolbar"="c:\program files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0379.0\mswinext.exe" [2009-12-09 240992]
"Microsoft Default Manager"="c:\program files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" [2009-07-17 288080]
"IndexSearch"="c:\program files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe" [2004-04-14 40960]
"ftutil2"="ftutil2.dll" [2003-12-18 106496]
"ControlCenter2.0"="c:\program files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe" [2004-07-20 851968]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2009-12-22 35760]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2010-03-24 952768]

c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE [2006-10-26 98632]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
McAfee Security Scan.lnk - c:\program files\McAfee Security Scan\1.0.150\SSScheduler.exe [2009-7-27 199184]
Status Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe [2006-8-23 819200]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\avgrsstarter]
2010-04-28 03:13 12464 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\avgrsstx.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\session manager]
BootExecute REG_MULTI_SZ autocheck autochk *\0sprestrt

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)
"DisableNotifications"= 1 (0x1)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\pchealth\\helpctr\\binaries\\HelpCtr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\Veoh\\VeohClient.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\javaw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\DNA\\btdna.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 4.0\\Reader\\AcroRd32.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\VeohWebPlayer\\veohwebplayer.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolsv.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\IcmpSettings]
"AllowInboundEchoRequest"= 1 (0x1)

R2 0209581272423556mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0209581272423556); [x]
R2 gupdate1ca5dacb37957b4;Google Update Service (gupdate1ca5dacb37957b4);c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-11-05 133104]
R3 AVG Security Toolbar Service;AVG Security Toolbar Service;c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe [2010-02-23 369920]
R3 Avgfwfd;AVG network filter service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgfwdx.sys [2010-04-28 30104]
R3 MP4ConverterAudio;MP4ConverterAudio;c:\windows\system32\drivers\MP4ConverterAudio.sys [2009-11-19 23096]
R3 SCREAMINGBDRIVER;Screaming Bee Audio;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ScreamingBAudio.sys [x]
S0 AvgRkx86;avgrkx86.sys;c:\windows\System32\Drivers\avgrkx86.sys [2010-04-28 52872]
S0 Si3112r;ATI-437A Serial ATA Controller;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\si3112r.sys [2004-09-30 97920]
S0 SiSRaid1;SiSRaid1;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\SiSRaid1.sys [2003-12-09 45568]
S0 viapdsk;VIA ATA/ATAPI Host Controller;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\viapdsk.sys [2003-10-31 29184]
S0 viasraid;viasraid;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\viasraid.sys [2003-09-05 77056]
S1 AvgLdx86;AVG AVI Loader Driver x86;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\avgldx86.sys [2010-04-28 216200]
S1 AvgTdiX;AVG Network Redirector;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\avgtdix.sys [2010-04-28 242896]
S2 avg9wd;AVG WatchDog;c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe [2010-04-28 308064]
S2 avgfws9;AVG Firewall;c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe [2010-04-28 2325816]
S3 Avgfwdx;Avgfwdx;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgfwdx.sys [2010-04-28 30104]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
getPlusHelper REG_MULTI_SZ getPlusHelper
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2010-06-07 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 17:34]

2010-06-11 c:\windows\Tasks\Google Software Updater.job
- c:\program files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe [2008-07-16 19:08]

2010-06-11 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-11-05 00:11]

2010-06-11 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-11-05 00:11]

2010-06-11 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{62724C80-03EA-4CED-B23A-334101D39948}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2006-10-17 09:31]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
mSearch Bar = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr10/*http://www.yahoo.com
IE: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aim toolbar 5.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
IE: &ieSpell Options - c:\program files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: Check &Spelling - c:\program files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Lookup on Merriam Webster - file://c:\program files\ieSpell\Merriam Webster.HTM
IE: Lookup on Wikipedia - file://c:\program files\ieSpell\wikipedia.HTM
Handler: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\jbyh1cy8.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.defaulturl - hxxp://www.bing.com/search?FORM=DMDTDF&PC=VEOH&q=
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - Yahoo! Search
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.msn.com
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://us.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avgb&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_us&p=
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Firefox\components\avgssff.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils2.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils3.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\IGeared_tavgp_xputils35.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared\components\xpavgtbapi.dll
FF - component: c:\program files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\firefoxextension\SearchHelperExtension\components\SEPsearchhelperff.dll
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Move Networks\plugins\npqmp071503000010.dll
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Move Networks\plugins\npqmp071505000010.dll
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\jbyh1cy8.default\extensions\{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\plugins\np_gp.dll
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Vulpichu\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo!\BrowserPlus\2.4.21\Plugins\npybrowserplus_2.4.21.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Google Earth\plugin\npgeplugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1536.6592\npCIDetect13.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Picasa3\npPicasa3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Update\1.2.183.23\npGoogleOneClick8.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\np-mswmp.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPSFDMGR.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPTURNMED.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npunagi2.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npyaxmpb.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0379.0\npwinext.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\noreg\NPVeohVersion.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\npWebPlayerVideoPluginATL.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
FF - user.js: yahoo.homepage.dontask - truec:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_colors", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.auth.force-generic-ntlm", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("svg.smil.enabled", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.allow_unrestricted_renego_everywhere__temporarily_available_pref", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.renego_unrestricted_hosts", "");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.treat_unsafe_negotiation_as_broken", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.name", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.description", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.update.notifyUser", false);
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

AddRemove-Final Fantasy VII - c:\program files\Final Fantasy VII\Uninst.isu

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-06-10 22:48
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(2600)
c:\windows\system32\WININET.dll
c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll
c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceTypes.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceApi.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
c:\windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
c:\windows\system32\brss01a.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\windows\system32\Brmfrmps.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\windows\system32\PSIService.exe
c:\program files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
c:\program files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
c:\program files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\windows\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
c:\program files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
Completion time: 2010-06-10 23:02:12 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-06-11 04:02

Pre-Run: 38,477,795,328 bytes free
Post-Run: 40,331,980,800 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

- - End Of File - - 84CB0DD06FE2E5F7C993EFDF99FD5F5E

The computer is a bit faster however there are still problems. I ran combo fix under the username that wasn't infected since I thought it would scan my entire computer. Even my other usernames. However, I just logged back on under the admin username I was under when I was attacked and the same problems are there. I click on firefox and a open with box comes up. I then click on the firefox icon in that open with box and a application not found error message still exists. However Internet explorer comes up now. Google chrome also has this open with message to complete with exe error. Control panel still doesn't work. I click on anything in it and this error message comes up C:/windows/system32/rundll32.exe. Application not found.

Edited by fantasy09, 10 June 2010 - 11:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users