Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compatiblity view using MSN homepage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gene_L

Gene_L

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

I cannot access the Time Warner Express Pay Bill page. I get an error message saying I must download Internet Explorer 6 or higher. I already have IE8 installed. When I contacted T-W support, they said I needed to click on whatever tool at my disposal to get to "compatibility view" on my MSN home page. I cannot locate any such option. I have VISTA. Your attention is appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

This is really a weared issue. I have never ever heard this kind of problem. Are you sure it prompts you to install Internet explorer 6 or it is prompting to install some other software from the internet. If you don't mind please capture the exact error message for further assistance. And also mentioned from when exactly you are having this issue.

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

from ie 8 click on the page options on the tool bar then click on compatibility settings. ad the web page and it will use compatibility view every time you go there. cant swear this will fix your problem though

ray

edited for spelling

Edited by rayj0054, 02 June 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#4 Gene_L

Gene_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

ray,
when I open my IE8 from my desktop, it opens with the MSN homepage. I cannot locate a "tool bar" and therefor cannot access "compatibility view". I am probably doing something wrong but......

#5 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

at the top right hand corner you should see a house with a down arrow which is home a radar dish which is rss feeds an envelope which is mail a printer the word page with a down arrow the word safety with a down arrow and the word tools with a down arrow a? mark with a down arrow. just click the down arrow beside the word page and a list of options will appear, one of the options should be compatability settings click that and set the page you are having problems to compatability mode . hope i havent confused you even further.
ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users