Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scareware. Fighting back

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

I thought this would be of interest since this seems to be one of the most popular and malicious types of infections most of us are seeing or dealing with:

http://darkreading.com/insiderthreat/secur...cleID=225200545

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the news sh4rkbyt3, and good news it is. If they are found guilty and put in prison we should have a party.

#3 norohs

norohs

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

I don't normally have time to read a story like this word for word, but as I'm now 6 hours into a GMER scan, oddly enough, I seem to have plenty of time. :thumbsup:

#4 VoidX789

VoidX789

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

I don't normally have time to read a story like this word for word, but as I'm now 6 hours into a GMER scan, oddly enough, I seem to have plenty of time. :thumbsup:

Same here.
Completed Scans: Spybot, Ad-Aware (23 Hr, 24 Min Total)
Currently: Avast (4 Hr, 08 Min As of time of Post)
Next up: Malwarebytes (Should be called "MalwareByter
Welcome to the Void of Insanity
Posted Image

#5 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

Thanks sh4rkbyt3 I love it when these malicious schemers get caught and punished :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#6 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Something else you might enjoy even more was posted on 21 June (ZDNet I believe). The jerks who have been using this Rogue Malware and some Rootkits are now suffering from their own attack vectors :thumbsup:! It appears they can create the stuff but there are anamolies that they're not equipped or knowledgable enough to handle >:flowers:. It appears the infections are coming right back to their own systems, LOL. How's that for Justice?
I love it when a snake gets poisoned by it's own fangs ;)!

#7 VoidX789

VoidX789

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

Something else you might enjoy even more was posted on 21 June (ZDNet I believe). The jerks who have been using this Rogue Malware and some Rootkits are now suffering from their own attack vectors :inlove:! It appears they can create the stuff but there are anamolies that they're not equipped or knowledgable enough to handle >:cool:. It appears the infections are coming right back to their own systems, LOL. How's that for Justice?
I love it when a snake gets poisoned by it's own fangs ;)!

:thumbsup:
Wow, talk about stupidity! Why the hell are they even making viruses for?!?!? Every hacker should be handcuffed to two truck's rear bumpers, have the word "Hacker" branded into their forehead, and be forced to run across the US at the same speed the trucks are going. :trumpet:

I'm not very forgiving when it comes to hackers :flowers: .
Welcome to the Void of Insanity
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users