Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full screen video freezing!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

Not sure where to post it, but...

Hi everyone,

I'm having one sh*tty bug: when I watch YouTube videos (for example) in a full screen mode - they, sometimes, freeze (the sound is hearable). That also, sometimes, happens when I watch films from my HDD in a full screen mode as well.

So, what could it be? Java, Flash errors? How to check and fix it?

Much appreciated on any help... thanks!

-rhino1366

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling...your video drivers?

Video card or chip installed/used?

System manufacturer and model? If custom-built and using onboard video...motherboard manufacturer and model?

How much RAM installed in system?

Louis

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Once, I've installed wrong (from ATI, not from GigaByte) video-drivers... then uninstalled and reinstalled the ones that are from Disc; then installed newest from GigaByte.

int. Radeon HD 3200.

MOBO: GigaByte GA-MA78GM-US2H

2 GB single stick

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

I would try the following, Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/Win...andDevices.html

I would then uninstall the current video drivers...and then reinstall from the original CD.

Louis

#5 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Mate...

Thanks for your advice; but now what I want to mention: I'm using VLC Media Player, and IrfanView. VLC is very buggy, and it outsays for all video content - maybe that could be the problem? And if so, what FREE player (no time for wasting money right now) should I download and use; also, what to compose to it as an image viewer? FastStone? ...or what?

Also, I remember how I've installed newest drivers from Gigabyte's site... I've uninstalled current, then installed from CD, then newest, from site. Minorly seems to be that case, but still...

Also, if I try to -reinstall- from Gigabyte's site, should I delete/uninstall the current, or it's no difference?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I've found some hidden devices, but not brave enouph to touch them; noone knows what sh*t might happen...

-rhino

Edit:

IS THERE ANY WAY, to make Windows Media Player 11 play all videos (patch it somehow)? Instructions? ...

Edit 2:

What better to place, Winamp, or GOM? Does Winamp still has problems with playing mp4 video?

Edited by rhino1366, 01 June 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hmmm....you probably ought to visit the Audio and Video BC Forum, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/.

I don't use either Irfanview or VLC MP...I have Ulead's PhotoImpact program for photo edits and I still use MusicMatch 10 and WMP as players, while using Cool Edit 2K for editing music files. I've never seen any reason to use anything other than what I already had on hand.

As for uninstalling drivers...I always uninstall the old before I attempt to install new/fresh drivers. I do this because I assume that the current drivers are damaged in some way...otherwise I would have no desire/need to reinstall them. Damaged files are accidents waiting to happen, IMO...so I remove them.

Working drivers are good drivers, in my world. I never update just because there are driver updates out...just as I never flash a BIOS, just because an update exists. Driver/BIOS updates should not be viewed in the same light as Windows critical updates (which should be installed ASAP).

Re WMP 11 and videos...I'm not the person to ask that...I have a grand total of 4 DVDs and I only have those because they contain reruns from The Untouchables old TV series :thumbsup:. I've never liked the idea behind music videos (putting visions into human heads of what interpretation to associate with a given song). I find that WMP plays just about all the file types I have, once I installed the k-lite codec pack.

The only thing I can tell you about WinAmp...is negative.

You really need to visit the Audio/Video forum for inputs on those types of items :flowers:.

Louis

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

I've moved your topic to the proper forum, rhino1366.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users