Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with Lavasoft Ad-Aware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xezat

Xezat

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:10 AM

Ok...so my problem here is that it's glitched, infected, or something, but I cannot run my free version of Ad-Aware at all anymore. So, deciding to just uninstall it and download the latest and greatest free version, I tried doing that through Programs and Features, but it errors out and I can't even remove it through that. So, are there any programs out there that would let me uninstall this old, glitched version so I can get the new one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

Xezat try using Revo Uninstaller (free version).

I recently stopped using Lavasoft AdAware because it's developed too many bugs and update issues (since 2009) especially but not limited to Windows 7, Vista and XP. I prefer to use Spybot Search & Destroy in place of AdAware and it's performed just as well if not better. The "immunize" features also helps to lock up your registry a little more than any Windows or AV programs do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users