That's fine, don't worry about GMER for now.
I see that you ran Combofix however. Do you have the log to it? It should be in the C:\ drive named Combofix.txt, if that file is still there, please post it in your next reply.
As a warning however...
ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool and you should not be using Combofix
unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use
. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer
Further, ComboFix logs are not
permitted outside the Malware Removal forum
forums and then only when requested by a Malware Reponse Team member.
Can you let me know the current problems you have with the machine then followed by running the following 2 tools...We need to create an OTL Report
Download and run RootRepeal CR
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Under "Extra Registry" please check "Use Safelist" and also check "LOP Check" and "Purity Check" as pictured.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word "Code"
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Please download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop
- Direct Download (Recommended)
- Zip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
- Unzip the RootRepeal.zip file it to it's own folder. (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror to download RootRepeal).
- Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.
- Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
- Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...
- Click the tab at the bottom.
- Now press the button.
- A box will pop up, check the boxes beside All Seven options/scan area
- Now click OK.
- Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
- The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
- Once it is done, click the Save Report button.
- Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktop
- Reconnect to the internet.
- Post the contents of that log in your reply please.
Edited by extremeboy, 06 June 2010 - 02:02 PM.