Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winsock / Malware problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prodigious_girl

Prodigious_girl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hey guys! Like the description says I'm having problems with my internet connectivity. I've checked the signal from the router and all that and it works just fine...there is no problem with my signal. When I run the "diagnose internet problem" thing with microsoft (when the internet page says page cannot be displayed) I'm told there is a problem with my winsock. I have tried reloading my computer several times as this normally works when winsock is a problem but there has been no change. I first used a program on this site (Microsoft Fix It) but this did not solve my problem. Then I used the Winsock Fit It and this did not work either. I have been looking at a thread I found on this site and the person had a similar problem and fixed it by pasting something in, but since I am not computer savy I don't really understand what I'm supposed to paste and where.

I have followed the "Preparation Guide For Use before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" and am hoping someone out there knows what to do about this problem! My dad's computer (which I'm on) is running fine but my sister's and mine will not connect. This is my 2nd to last (I guess last would be taking it to a professional to get cleaned) resort to fix my computer.

Thank you to anyone willing to help me out!

~*~Holly*~*

Note: I've uploaded the "Attach" and "DDS" information on here.

If you need anything else, let me know!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Prodigious_girl

Prodigious_girl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thanks to the 63 people who viewed this...it's unfortunate no one had anything information for me. My dad figured out the problem so thought I would at least post it here in case anyone else was having this problem with their internet.

Basically my dad called up the company that provides our wireless and had his private wireless network connection destroyed and started a new one. Apparently his was somehow messed up. This got us immediately back onto the internet.

Hope that bit of information helps anyone who's having the same problem I was! Best of luck to you all!

Edited by Prodigious_girl, 02 June 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Glad you got it resolved, and I apologize for the delay and couldn't get back to you sooner.

Only trained staff members can respond and help out in this area and thus the 64 views could of been a lot of others.

Thanks for letting us know.

Here are just some Prevention Tips >over here<. Is your system a bit slow? If so, try some of the points and things suggested here.

Happy surfing again.
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hello.

Since the problem appears to be resolved, this topic is now Closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.

This applies only to the original topic starter

Everyone else please start a new topic.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users