Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C sharp program not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eshan4

eshan4

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hi,
I tried to download c sharp program but it says that BITS ( Background Intelligent Transfer System ) is disabled. Now when i go to run-->services.msc-->BITS to either change it to automatic, it says error "system cannot find the file specific". Now, i dont have the windows cd to repair the damage but i did download a .iso windows xp sp2 file, but that doesnt seem to work. There may be more problems with my computer but my primary concern is installing C sharp.

Please help.

Sorry if i've posted in the wrong section.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hi,
Which program of that nature are you trying to install? Microsoft offers several possibilities for CSharp. There is Visual studio 2010 pro, Visual C# 2010 express edition, as well as mono Develop for Linux users. Let me know.

Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 eshan4

eshan4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

I tried to download C sharp 2005 express edition as i was used to it.

#4 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Ah ... That's it then. I've noticed that modern versions of windows do not like having old versions of Vs installed. I tried it with MSSQLServer 2005 Express edition, and there was an outright rejection. That's probably what is going on in your situation as well. Try downloading the 2010 version of Visual C# express edition. It will work much better.

Regards,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#5 eshan4

eshan4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

I tried and it worked.

Thanks a lot. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic