Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Received hs_err_pid6044

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvermoon

silvermoon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hello and thank you for a wonderful resource!

I turned on my computer today and saw the file hs_err_pid6044 on my dektop. I am running Windows 7, wireless on my home computer, running Internet Explorer 8.

I have not received any error messages and did not open the file. I just Googled for info and found you guys. I have not done anything yet for fear of making something worse.

My first reaction is to just restore my hard drive, but I thought I would ask here before doing that.

I would greatly appreciate any help and/or advice. Please let me know additional information I need to supply.

Thank you so very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silvermoon

silvermoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

Just to mention, I read another reply on this problem, but as your 'sticky' mentioned, one should not assume another's solution would automatically work for another.

If I am wrong, then I apologize for rehashing this problem again on your forum.

#3 silvermoon

silvermoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

In the meantime I saved important files to a thumb drive just in case there is no response and I would need to restore my hard drive.

Fun, fun, fun! It takes a bit of time and if I need to restore, best to get it going. heh, So what did you guys do for Memorial Day? You know where I'll be. Oy!

If anyone feels there is a solution, please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users