Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 howdy56

howdy56

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

Did a dumb thing and put Corel Draw 4 in my XP home PC just to try a graphic text format, but several moduals didn't work and so on and so on. Now the XP control panel add/remove doesn't list Corel Draw. Problem 1 : find a good way to remove it. A friend told me that I could buy Corel Suite 12 upgrade. Will the upgrade deal with the old version or should I try to remove V4 with an as yet to be named utility of some sort?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elixer

Elixer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

First off, I would run the installation program again from the CD to see if there is an uninstall option.

If not, you can manually remove it from hard drive and system registry but it might not be worth it if you are new to registry editing. If you have the hard drive space for the file, having Corel 4 installed shouldn't hurt things.

Bill
Resident Geek

"There is an answer to every question, but is there an answer to every problem?"

#3 keystrokes

keystrokes

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

If you upgrade it that might remove it or it might not. That all depends on how Corel has set up the upgrade.

I had a similar problem with an old program not running correctly because it was a 16 bit dos program. I went on technet.com and found the problem. I was looking for the KB number but cant find it at this moment when I do I will post it to you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

Reinstall the program. Uninstall it, using Add/Remove Programs.

You might also consider running chkdsk on your system.

Running Chkdsk to Repair File Systems - http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...kd_tro_xudm.asp

Running Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer - http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...kd_tro_tvlq.asp

The Corel website should contain any pertinent info on their products. I suspect they also have a user forum where someone can answer your question regarding upgrading.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 05 October 2005 - 06:46 PM.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:12 AM

It might be worth a try to download and install a free program called Add/Remove Pro. I works similarly to Add/Remove Programs in windows. Perhaps the offending program will show up there and then you can remove it. Worth a shot.

Download HERE
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users