Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xemnas768

Xemnas768

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

Ok I have this problem where my computer would just completely freeze up and I can't do anything, even my mouse is frozen, and theres no way to stop it unless I forcefully turn off my computer and turn it back on. I can only go about 10 minutes without this happening so I'm using my laptop to post this. And sadly this is not the first time it had happened. About a year ago on my old XP computer it had this same freezing problem and I couldn't find a fix so I reinstalled windows and it never happened again. Now today on my new PC im experiencing the same problem again. I believe some sort of virus is causing this because the last thing I can remember doing was that: Yesterday someone hijacked my friend's steam account and I didn't know about it till now, he pm'd me a fake steam community link page and since I thought it was my actual friend who sent me the link I clicked it. But then I looked at the link closer and it didn't seem legit so I closed the page before the page fully loaded but im afraid I still caught a virus. So now I need help on how to fix this. I don't want to reinstall windows 7 because I have so many things in my hard drive.

EDIT: Moved from Win 7 to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2010 - 12:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Sooo...the system boots into safe mode...and normal mode?

No error messages of any type when these freezes occur?

System manufacturer and model?

Have you checked for possible overheating or excess debris?

Can you connect to the MS website?

Can you download any AV program or updates?

Louis

#3 Xemnas768

Xemnas768
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

Sooo...the system boots into safe mode...and normal mode?
Normal

No error messages of any type when these freezes occur?
Nope

System manufacturer and model?
I don't know this PC was custom built

Have you checked for possible overheating or excess debris?
No debris but overheating could be the problem

Can you connect to the MS website?
Yes

Can you download any AV program or updates?
Yes

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users