Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery/Battery icon issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dayna13

Dayna13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Yesterday my laptop (Acer Aspire 5050) was on but I had the lid closed. I laid it aside and somehow the ac adapter was disconnected at the converter box and the battery ran out. When I turned on my laptop today, it was a really slow startup (normally it only takes 1 minute), the arrow/pointer was frozen, and the battery/plug icon had a red X on it with the battery showing empty. I restarted the computer and was able to hover over the icon before it froze up. It said battery was 1%, plugged in but not charging. I checked the battery, it was secure. I tried taking off the battery and putting it back on. It was then showing a green battery & plug, and 100% charged. But whenever I hover over the battery icon, the red X and empty battery icon comes back, but it'll still say 100% fully charged. The computer will function properly until I turn it off and restart. Then I have to do the same process of taking off battery & putting back on before the pointer/arrow will unfreeze and I'm able to use the laptop.
Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users