Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help...Tidserv, Results5..AntivirusSoft, and who knows what else...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arelics

arelics

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hello,

I have some serious virus infections on my computer. I have followed the basic procedures as you have advised others including Super Anti Spyware, and MalwareBytes...but for some reason, the viruses always return. The two main problems are the Antivirus Soft and the Results5 redirect/hijacker in google. Recently, I installed Norton antovirus, and it keeps detecting a Tidserv backdoor hijacker trying to gain access.... I have noticed that the viruses become re-activated sometimes when I visit a website such as MapQuest.....
I called a professional "virus removal company" and they said my best option is to reinstall all my original software.....and wipe my computer clean, but I am wondering if there is another way?
Please, please help!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 May 2010 - 06:45 PM.
Move to AII forum as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users