Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to find out video card power?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hi,
How do I get a readout of my video card power (Mb's)?
I've clicked around my system attributes and it just comes up with "Nvidia GeForce GTS 250", see there's no mention of its Mb horsepower.
I think the card is 512Mb out of the factory but the shop told me they were adding more Mb's when they fitted it (I think they mentioned 300Mb) and I just want to find out how much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hi!

By video card power, I'm assuming you mean dedicated RAM? In that case, there's no specific location to find that readout. Sometimes the display properties (Right click on Desktop > Properties, click the settings tab) will tell you if you're lucky. However, the most common way is to either Google the card you're using, or use a third part application (I think RealTemp or RivaTuner are some of the better programs out there).

Also, not sure what the factory meant by adding more MB's. I don't believe that is possible for graphics cards, only RAM on your PC.

Hope that helps

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users