Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SVCHOST.EXE firewall blocking every second - possible malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaselle

Jaselle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

*Brief history* Sometime ago my PC was infected with Vundo. It was a horrible experience that I couldn't fix which ultimately led to a complete HD wipe, reformat, and reinstall of everything. I own my own business and easily lost 3 days of work due to this infection. I believe this Vundo problem stemmed from an SVCHOST.EXE file that was somehow tainted and introduced a whole gamut of problems to the computer I was using at them time.

*CURRENT PROBLEM* I'm now on a new computer running Windows 7 and to my horror received an alert from AVG that my firewall detected a malware problem from C://windows/system32/SVCHOST.EXE. Fortunately, this issue was blocked by the firewall but now the firewall is in a constant blocking mode for this file every few seconds, as noted in the firewall log.

I know that SVCHOST.EXE services are a necessary part of Windows but I'm hugely concerned that I'm on the cusp of a new infection. I would greatly appreciate some direction on how I can remove this threat.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaselle

Jaselle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

This is still an issue and I would very much like any help that can be provided.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users