Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't enter Safe Mode and I'm stuck

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 christian22

christian22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

I followed tutorial61 to enter Safe Mode for Windows XP using the system configuration tool method.

I changed boot.ini to Safeboot and then restarted the computer.

When the computer restarts it asks for my network password but won't accept it, which leaves me stuck.

I can't go back and unchange boot.ini from Safeboot and I can't seem to enter Safemode because of the password issue.

What can I do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keystrokes

keystrokes

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

Well Christian22 you can do a couple of things that might work. I would try a couple of things.

1) Try logging into the computer as the administrator and keep the password blank.

2) Oh this might help when the computer is starting up press f8 and try last known good configuration. ( That might work or it might not)

3) If you cannot get into the computer I would go to another computer and copy the boot.ini file boot into dos and copy the file from the floppy to your hard drive.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:46 PM

I would try the fixboot command from the Recovery Console.

Louis

#4 christian22

christian22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I successfully copied the boot.ini file from another computer to get unstuck.

Thanks again,
Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users