Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wahlroot

wahlroot

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

I am trying to start a video on the web. I can get to the video and get the picture but the audio drops off when one of the persons speaks and then the video stops. After the person stops the video starts and a person in the background can talk. I used the same type Video in the past and it worked. I installed, and uninstalled the Flash Player, and rebooted several times. I have the same problem with other videos that I have used at least a year ago. There are 7 videos that worked then, but not now. I do not know what I can try now.
OS is Windows XP Home SP3. 1.18 GB of Ram.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer! :thumbsup:

Several things you could try first is making sure your Direct X version is up to date.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card for Windows XP SP3 installed.

And finally making sure your Audio drivers are also up to date.

I am not sure if you have already done this, but in the event you have please let us know and we will suggest other alternatives for you to try. :flowers:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Last month I checked for a number of Drivers. Nothing. I found that I could not operate A crossword puzzle by AARP. After installing a newer Flash player, IE 8 now works the puzzle. It worked with Opera before and now. The web site for the videos does not allow Opera. I have installed Flash Player over the one that was there. I uninstalled Flash Player and new installed. I rebooted and nothing changed. I removed everthing I could find, including the Registry before I reinstalled.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Is this an online video? What's the website? Maybe they're not using Flash because it doesn't seem like a typical Flash problem.

#5 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

Yes this is a web site called Shutterfly. It does use Flash Player. I was able to use it to see about 7 videos before I had this problem. They worked fine.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

From what I can see...Shutterfly is a photo website.

Just how do you access these "videos" that you have a problem with?

What type of Internet connection do you have?

Louis

#7 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

I need to enter a password then click on a video of my grandson. We have DSL with the local phone company. I have done this many times, but not now. It tells me that I must download Adobe Flash Player. I have Uninstalled and Installed and Rebooted many times. No help.

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

There are two different types of flash players available out there, are you sure your going to the adobe web site?

Here's the link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

Hope this helps.

If not please let us know.

Kind regards.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#9 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

That is where I have downloaded and installed.

#10 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

I am just curious if the problem isn't with the web site its self and not your computer.

If that is the case there isn't much you would be able to do about that.

One test would be going to the same videos on another computer with the same version of the flash player and see if the results are different.

I see where you have mentioned some flash player videos still work on your computer from this same site, so that brings me to wonder if it is the site and not your computer that is having the problem.

Bruce.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

I didn't see anything about video uploading when I went to that website. It's like Louis said. It's a photo sharing site.

#12 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

To see the videos you would probably have to have a password to get on a site. Today I went to MSN.com and a web site with Videos. I started a video and the audio comes and goes. This happens with IE 8 and Opera. Shutterfly is photo and video site. Shutterfly uses Flash player but not the one I have.

#13 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

There's something else going on here. Audio cutting out is not typical of a problem with Falsh.

#14 wahlroot

wahlroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I uninstalled Flash, reinstalled and I can see parts of the video. I changed some settings In Tools, Internet Options, Security. I do not know if that helped. So far it has not hurt. I started a video and then the Audio stopped everything and then restarted everything. This time I did not lose anything. I went back and started the same video. This time everything worked the way it is supposed to. I did it with other videos, and so far it works. I do not want to do that each time. I will try to learn how to make it do as I want it. Maybe another day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users