Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help out the new guy.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zalewski

Zalewski

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 as a secondary computer and ever since yesterday when i start it up it beeps once and reads the following message:

Drive 0 not found : Serial ATA, Sata-0
Drive 1 not found : Serial ATA, Sata-2
Drive 2 not found : Parallel ATA, PATA-0
Drive 3 not found : Parallel ATA, PATA-1

This problem hasn't happened ever to my computer, it only happened when my father decided to sabotage the computer because he was mad.

I don't know if he took one of the hard drive cables to the HDD, because theres only one cable going to the stock HDD, and im pretty sure its the Sata cable. Ive looked all over the internet for jumper settings and what plugs into where, Ive looked on my own computer's HDD and there is a blue cable (which i think is the SATA) and a Orange/Black/Yellow Cable that reads P5. When I enter into the Bios it does not recognize the harddrives either.

Im almost positive he took a cable from the HDD, but im posting to either confirm or deny my suspicion, all help is very appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hi!

It's very likely that the hard drives were unplugged. Each physical drive should have two cables coming out from it (one is a data transfer cable and one is a power cable). Also, it is highly unlikely the jumper settings would be modified. From your description, it would seem unlikely that your dad would have taken the time to remove each harddrive and modify the jumper settings as it's not a simple thing to do.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users