Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external hard drive out puts are not being recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zerodown

zerodown

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

I have had hard drive at a computer shop to see if they could retrieve the data on hard drive. They tore it apart but to no avail. The usb and firewire outputs don't work or in any event the computer want recognize the hard drive when hooked up. I tried to hook the hard drive directly into my computer but it's not a bootable hard drive so that didn't get me far. I thought I could install an operating system and it seems to be allowing me to do so. It got as far as r for system recovery, but then I thought installing the operating system will probably erase the current data so I stopped. I then hooked it up to my DVD drive because it was the only drive on my computer with the right hook ups besides the exsisting hard drive. I had a different icon pop on (my computer) but I couldn't acces it. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

Run the appropriate hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic (long, not short, test) on it.

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox - http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/bootabl...iagnostics.html

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users