Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regular pop-ups

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdurbin79

jdurbin79

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

I am having regular pop-ups in Firefox (I switched from IE a couple of years ago due to similar problems.) Somehow, I am getting multiple notifications that say:

"Infiltration Alert--Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar. Details Attack from 117.137.151.130, port 9688 Attacked port: 14734 Threat: BankerFox.a. Do you want to block this atack? Yes - No" This is a popup, not my AV software that is doing this.

Also, I am getting a message that says "Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? Then it proceeds to tell me that a file can not be executed, but the filename is different every time the message box pops up. I am also getting multiple message about Microsoft Script Editor detecting a new script and it is asking me if I want to open the debugger.

I have been through the step-by-step of clearing this mess off my computer once before (by following a technical person's guidance on what programs to download, what logs to post, etc.), so I am pretty adept at following the step-by-step instructions of someone who can help me to figure out what is wrong and how to get rid of it. I anxiously await someone's reply. Thank you in advance.

Edited by jdurbin79, 29 May 2010 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

Hi,
You didn't click on that stuff, did you? If not, you'll have already stopped the worst of it if it is what I think it is. You seemed to have accidentally landed on a rogue scanner. They love to creep around and hope to catch victims like you. Ignore the pop-ups. They are fake. Try running malwarebytes, and if it doesn't run, then try Rkill first to see if that can kill the malware for a time. remember, if Rkill is needed, do not reboot your computer or else you'll have the darn thing starting up again. Mbam is fantastic at removing buggers like this. I'll tell you that much. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 jdurbin79

jdurbin79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

Tried Mbam, said it found about 10 things and removed them. So far, popups seem to have started back up and are getting worse. I can't say I'm real impressed with the auto-remove it software because it never seems to completely rid the problem. The only time I ever had any luck with getting rid of everything was when I had a guy on here walk me through several pieces of software and post my logs to the site and he would tell me the specifics of what to do to completely get rid of it. That's what I'm looking for if anyone is available or willing. Thanks!

JOHN

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

If you have BankerFox.a it looks like you are dealing with the Antivirus Live infection. Please try this removal guide here..
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-live

If this removal guide does not help you get it out on your own you will need an Malware Removal Team member's guidance to assist you.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users