Hi again Norastus
As I had related in the restart PM, Malwarebytes had already been run and, as you can see now runs clean.
Well, it was run with the database outdated
, so no surprise it didn't find anything...
Anyway, log looks ok - just a few leftovers to remove...
Please do the following:
Please run OTL.exe
- Copy the commands with file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 1
IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyOverride" = <local>
IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyServer" = http=127.0.0.1:5555
[2010/05/26 22:13:24 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Kathy\AppData\Local\icglnwhut
[2010/05/26 22:15:38 | 000,059,648 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Kathy\AppData\Local\syssvc.exe
- Return to OTL.exe, right click in the "Custom Scans/Fixes" window (under the light green bar) and choose Paste.
- Click the red Run Fix button.
- A fix log in Notepad will appear. Copy the contents of the fix log to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
- Close OTL.exe
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
- Please launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click the Update tab, and then Check for Updates.
- Then choose the Scanner tab and select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
I do not see an antivirus program running on your computer... Without an AV, you have no protection and risk being quickly re-infected... Please install an antivirus program of your choice, run a full
system scan with it, and post a log (if possible)... You may want to install one of the antivirus applications I recommend on my site: link