Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrGreene

DrGreene

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

My computer is dicked, and its really frustrating, so I'd love some help from someone more knowledgeable.

Its started with getting alerts that would pop up from Norton saying that it has blocked something or other. It became a regular thing. Then I started having a problem where my Google searches would redirect which was incredicbly irritating. I started searching around, found out that Hitman 3.5 might help. It brought up a problem with some mraid35x.sys file. I let it fix it. I restarted and my XP theme was gone, so I have to restart the themes service in control panel every time my laptop starts in addition, the original problems still pop up in IE and my Firefox errors every time I open or close it. Also, when I try to Windows update, IE says it is unable to find the page. I cannot access the windows updats page from this computer at all. Norton brings up nothing, neither does AVG.

Please. Help me fix this mess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DrGreene

DrGreene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic