Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot to safe mode with command prompt, from command prompt.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Twisted Image

Twisted Image

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

I have a utility I run on some customers' machines that requires being run from safe mode. I already have the utility automated via batch, and would like to just run one SFX app and move on to the next machine, knowing that this app will reboot the machine into safe mode w/ command prompt, run my utility, and reboot the machine back into normal mode (the standard shutdown -r -t 01 is easy enough, but there are no modal options!). Also, if this can be done, how would I then make sure that the current user logs in automatically, rather than have safe mode stop at the log-in screen?

The utility in question is a simple "Common Software Package" which includes some software such as Reader and Flash. Some of the software included cannot be installed while an antivirus is running (at least any that have tamper-protection) due to the registry editing involved, but are completely positive in nature (one such software package simply checks the current registry vs. a backup it takes on each shutdown to look for any discrepancies, adjusted for installed software, of course). The packages do not require Windows Installer service to be running, so I have found SM w/ CP to be the best option.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users