Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware problem - pop ups and peculiar behaviour

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 newcolony66

newcolony66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

Hello,

I seem to have contracted some Malware/spyware that I cannot get rid of.

Websites are popping up and I think the security of my PC has been compromised. Here's a few of the sites popping up:

hxxp://server2.mediajmp.com/bizopp/index-cpv-intl.html?sub=atdmt.com

hxxp://www.news-11-today.com/finance-news/breaking-news.php?ex=001&tid=dcpvau

and some things under the domain directdr.com
and some pop-up boxes telling me I could earn so-much working from home, blah blah..

Also (this may be unrelated), since the infection, when my computer restarts, explorer sometimes doesn't run and I'm left with only my background picture, unable to do anything. And the 'theme' service is disabled, so I have this windows classic theme (I'm on Windows XP) - which I have to change manually.

I have Spyware Doctor and Malware Anti-bytes and they haven't been able to locate the infections - or maybe they have but cannot rid my computer of them completely.

I would greatlty appreciate someone's help as I'm concerned with my PC's security.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 May 2010 - 03:12 PM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users