Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak 5250 Printer unable to be installed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 M_M

M_M

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

Hi

So I just bought this laptop in January for my mom, on which she got a virus in March. Between Jan and March, I was able to print from her computer via USB cable with my Kodak 5250 Printer. However, after my mom got the virus on her computer, she decided to take it to Geek Squad after I got rid of it, just to make sure her computer was clean (she did, after all, have one of those deals through Best Buy which said something about Geek Squad service and a 2-year warranty).

After we got it back from GS, we suddenly couldn't print; I've tried re-installing the AiO Kodak Center but I can never get the last part installed (It's listed as "Eastman Kodak CompanyKODAK ESP 5200 Series AiO). Does it matter that the Bluetooth peripheral device won't install? Should I take it back to GS? I really don't want to... they took $150 from us just to tell me that they deleted a few more things, I can't imagine how much they'd charge me to tell them to do their job... -_-'

Please help me!

Also, on a different note, how do I setup the wifi for this printer? There is no manual with this thing that gives me a link or phone number to someone who may be competent.

-Meg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I have a link here for a PDF version of your owners manual, you'll need Adobe Reader to view it, you can also save this document to your desktop by clicking the little floppy disk icon in the reader's header menu. :huh:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acroba..._XUG_GLB_en.pdf

At this link is some troubleshooting solutions you can try.

http://selfservice.kodak.com/external/en/u...g01081c8s1.html

You may have to enter your BIOS setup utility to make sure the GeekSquad did not disable your USB ports in the BIOS settings.

If you are not sure what to do, please inform us of that and we'll provide instructions for you to follow. :huh:

Good luck and keep us informed. :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 M_M

M_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the tips.

I did check the USB ports and they all work with other devices so nothing is disabled. I did however go to the kodak website to download software, drivers and firmware and when I went to Windows 7 for Operating System, it says "we're sorry there are no downloads available for Windows 7."

...so I guess I can't print with my mom's laptop? ...which is stupid. I could've sworn that I printed before I sent it to geek squad...

I'm just getting around to looking through that PDF (thanks for that, btw) so I will keep you posted on that.

Thanks again!

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

The great thing about windows 7 is its ability to use compatibility mode, this feature will allow a device which was designed to run on Windows xp to run on windows 7.

This feature is embedded in Windows home premium, but the professional edition has XP mode.

If you are not sure how to execute this feature then please post back and instructions will be given to you.

Kind regards.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users