Hello ...Lets see if this gets you past the wong desktop. This appears to be a very new malware.
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete
keys on your keyboard at the same time. If in Windows XP, this will bring up the Task Manager . If in Windows Vista or Windows 7 it will bring up a screen where should will select Start Task Manager.
With Task Manager open select the Processes
tab if not already there.
Scroll through the list of processes till you find the apmanager.exe
process. Once you find this process, left click on it to select it and then click on the End Process button.
Note it may not be this one as it's new. Do you see another strange one. Or perhaps you can write them down (or at least any you don't know here) for review.
If it worked and the Malware screen has disappeared.
From within Task Manager, click on the File
menu and select New Task (Run...).
In the Open:
field type explorer.exe
and then click on the OK
button as designated by the blue arrow above. Once you press OK, your Windows Desktop should now appear.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.46) and save it to your desktop.MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform FULL Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.EDIT:
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
if this worked katiebugg
you should post your log in a new topic and send me a PM of it's location.How to use and send Personal Messages
Edited by boopme, 28 May 2010 - 09:26 PM.