Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies and adware keep appearing! Even after removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moburn2009

Moburn2009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

My laptop has been recently infected by some malware which I think is generating cookies and adware every time I connect to the internet. I have made several attempts to clear my computer of this nuisance by downloading and running SuperAntiSpyware program but it's no use. Once this progam is run it finds and removes 20+ adware and 20+ cookies then I reboot and sure enough once i browse the net again and run SuperAntiSpyware or Norton the same amount of cookies and adware are found again!! what a head ache.

Also while browsing strange adult site pop-ups appear from time to time.

The task manager also shows my internet explorer at 50,000K upon start up and then grows to 100,000K+ even with only one tab open on a simple website.

I don't know what, where, why this is happening. I just guess it is a spyware generator of some sort... I am clueless!

How do I clean and protect my laptop once and for all?

Please help...

Moni

Hardware HP Pavilion DV5
O/S Windows Vista
Browser Internet Explore 8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users